Reader on Masculinity According to Islam
Habib Kadhim answers question ” What are the attributes of a real man?” during his 2012 visit to Melbourne, Australia.
Shaykh Yahya Rhodus delivering a talk on Futuwwa (Chivalry) at Masjid An-Noor in Kendall, FL (visit islamicschoolofmiami.org for more information).
Abdal Hakim Murad on Masculinity – Taken from Contentions:
89. Futuwwa: the knight must be freed from the daze.
69. There is no secular masculinity.
76. Do not use your beard to open people’s ears.
85. Many wear the turban to prevent Allah from reading their minds.
75. He has not believed who has not felt the weight of the turban.
96. Sacred dress undresses the spirit.
Strength in Character – Shaykh Abdul Hakim Murad
Shaykh Abdul Hakim Muard on the strength in character what true understanding can bring us.
Mercy, Service and Justice for all – these are the key principles of the Way of Futuwwa. Inspired by the example of Sayyidna Ali, those who followed this code of noble behaviour were committed through discipline and strength to serve humanity. In an age of anger and senseless violence, the time has come for this great tradition to be revived once more.