Quran and Sunnah?
Why do we need scholars? Why can’t we directly go to the Quran and Sunnah? Shaykh Walead Mosaad talks about the central role of scholars in transmitting, contextualizing and teaching Islam. He gives a relevant example of the role scholars had in the preservation of the Quran. Our thanks to the Islamic Society of Greater Charlotte for this recording.
Ever get caught out on these issues? Deepen your understanding by taking a short course with SeekersHub.
Resources for seekers:
- Love & Balance: Following Our Scholars to Allah
- Differences of Opinion & Determining Sound Scholarship
- Creating & Sustaining North American Muslim Scholarship
- Why Is Mixing Between Madhabs (Talfiq) Impermissible
- The threat to religious guidance
- Why Would Allah Protect Some of the Divine Books & Not All of Them?
- All you need to know about whether to follow a madhab
- How Can A Convert Follow A School Of Thought Correctly?
- As a Convert How Do I Choose a School of Thought?
- The Hanafi Madhab’s Approach to Classifying Legal Rulings
- How Are Madhabs Any Different From Sects In Christianity?
- In the Spirit of Tradition