The Operations Manager is responsible for the effective day-to-day functioning of the Hub in support of SeekersHub Toronto’s mission to connect transformative knowledge and spirituality with actionable community service and social engagement. Located in Mississauga, this full-time position offers a great opportunity to play a leading role in the work of SeekersHub, while also presenting opportunities for personal growth and development.
Key objectives of the role:
- Driving initiatives in the local Hub management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
- Ensuring all day-to-day processes are in place and running smoothly in support of staff, Teachers, students, and visitors.
- Managing the effective delivery of on-ground programming and classes.
- Effective stewardship of SeekersHub Toronto finances in close liaison with Management.
Key Areas of Responsibilities Include:
Operational & Resource Management (Organizational Effectiveness)
The Operations Manager will play a leading role in managing processes and coordinating with personnel. Oversight of all Hub functions is central to the job:
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of all Hub services through suggesting improvements; maintaining coordination and communication between on-site functions such as logistics, supply chain, and event management.
- Providing support in planning and executing the effective translation of SeekersHub Global initiatives into discrete project plans containing clear milestones.
- Providing support and execution on matters related to fundraising, outreach, and Hub business structure and growth.
- Managing all external contracting relations and processes for the Hub, as appropriate.
- Both individually and in collaboration with other SeekersHub Managers, formulating standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Hub events and classes, and ensuring that they are followed.
- Making sure that the Toronto Hub is open and the front desk is staffed for all classes and events.
- Supporting the meeting and khutba schedules of SeekersHub Toronto teachers and Khatibs with the Executive Director.
- Processing all mail and telephonic communications.
- Ensuring that any questions or issues raised by external stakeholders are directed to the appropriate person and answered according to approved messaging.
- Playing an active role in the SeekersHub Global Operations team, under the management of the Operations Director.
Financial (Effective Stewardship)
The Operations Manager plays a key role in budgeting, controlling costs and keeping the Hub on track financially.
- As part of the SeekersHub Global Operations Team, managing the SeekersHub Toronto budget in a transparent manner according to standard operating procedures.
- Under the supervision of the Operations Director:
- Ensuring accurate cash flow forecasting and allocation of funds.
- Participating in the annual budgeting and planning process for the Hub’s annual budget.
- Overseeing and ensuring that short and long-term financial and managerial reporting is completed.
- Overseeing the day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using QuickBooks.
- Ensuring the reconciliation of monthly activity, year-end reports, and the fulfillment of tax related requirements.
- Managing the scheduling and agenda of regular Operations Team, volunteer, and other local management meetings.
- Supporting SeekersHub Global and Toronto Board of Directors meetings when tasked.
Development & Fundraising
- Leading and executing targeted fund-raising in the greater Toronto constituency, through:
- Execution of SeekersHub Global campaigns
- Specific locally designed campaigns
- Community outreach
- Hub events and supporter engagement
Compensation & Job Type
- This position reports to SeekersHub Global Operations Director, and works closely with the Hub Manager and local management team of SeekersHub Toronto, where required.
- This is a full-time position, with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Commensurate with experience, with a fixed and variable component, based on experience and profile.
- Commitment to social justice and the mission of SeekersHub Toronto.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management best practices would be a definite advantage.
- At least 3-5 years experience in an operational role, preferably in professional management and/or community service.
- Demonstrable work experience in budget development and cash management.
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance implications of non-profit status would be beneficial.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in prevalent office software
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction with a collaborative work style and an unflinching commitment to getting the job done.
- Excels at operating in an often fast-paced, community environment.
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
Interested candidates may submit their resume to Taras Hollyer at:
firstname.lastname@example.org by September 8th , 2017.