Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
Shaykh Faraz began his Islamic Studies during his university years by studying with local scholars such as Shaykh Talal al-Ahdab and Shaykh Faisal Abdur-Razak. After graduating from the University of Toronto in 1997, he and his wife (Ustadha Shireen Ahmed) travelled to Damascus and then to Amman, where he studied with leading Islamic scholars, including Shaykh Adib Kallas (Allah have mercy upon him), Shaykh Hassaan al-Hindi, Shaykh Muhammad Jumuah, Shaykh Akram Abd al-Wahhab, and Shaykh Nuh Keller.
After ten years overseas, Shaykh Faraz returned to Canada in the Summer of 2007. In May 2008 he founded SeekersHub Global to deal with the urgent need to spread Islamic knowledge–both online and on the ground–in a reliable, relevant, inspiring, and accessible manner.
Shaykh Faraz has been encouraged by his teachers and other leading scholars to work towards establishing a model Islamic seminary that will produce Islamic scholars of the highest caliber, through excellence in teaching, curriculum, spiritual training, and a deep spirit of service–with knowledge of both religion and contemporary social and intellectual realities. This is key to the long-term vision of SeekersHub Global.
Shaykh Faraz also serves as a partner and legal advisor with StraightWay Ethical Advisory.
He is the author of Absolute Essentials of Islam: Faith, Prayer, and the Path of Salvation According to the Hanafi School (White Thread Press, 2004.) Since 2011, Shaykh Faraz has been named one of the 500 most influential Muslims by the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Center.
- BLGF250A- Intermediate Islamic Beliefs: Ghazali’s Foundations of Islamic Belief (Qawa`id al-`Aqa’id) Explained (Part 1 of 2)
- BLGF250B- Intermediate Islamic Beliefs: Ghazali’s Foundations of Islamic Belief (Qawa`id al-`Aqa’id) Explained (Part 2 of 2)
- BLKD200- Essentials of Islamic Belief: Dardir’s Kharida Explained
- ILAE100- Absolute Essentials of Islam: Basic Hanafi Jurisprudence (STEP)
- ILAF100A- Essentials of Worship: Shurunbulali’s Ascent to Felicity Explained (STEP)
- ILHW201A- Islamic Law for Seekers (Hanafi): Worship (Part 1)
- ILHW201B- Islamic Law for Seekers (Hanafi): Worship (Part 2)
- ILMMG50- Money Matters: Islamic Finance in Everyday Life
- LRFL100- Fiqh of Life: The Everyday Halal and Haram
- PGNHG10A- The Essence of Wisdom: Nawawi’s 40 Hadith Explained (Part 1 of 2)
- PGNHG10B- The Essence of Wisdom: Nawawi’s 40 Hadith Explained (Part 2 of 2)