Shaykh Yahya Rhodus
Shaykh Yahya Rhodus was born in Kansas City, Missouri. He embraced Islam at the age of 19 in Santa Clara, California, where he began his study of Islam with Shaykh Hamza Yusuf and visiting Mauritanian scholars. In 1998, Shaykh Yahya traveled to Mauritania to pursue a full-time course of study, where he learned from some of Mauritania’s greatest scholars, including the distinguished, Murabit al-Hajj. He also spent an interim period in Damascus, Syria where he received formal education in the Arabic language, grammar, and Qur’anic recitation. In 2000, Shaykh Yahya moved to Tarim, Yemen to continue his studies at the prestigious learning institute, Dar al-Mustafa. There, he spent his formative years studying foundational Islamic sciences with Habib ‘Umar bin Hafiz, Habib ‘Ali al-Jifri, and other scholars of Tarim.
In the latter part of 2005, Shaykh Yahya returned to the U.S. Since then, he has dedicated himself to calling people to Allah Most High, teaching and lecturing all over the world. He lives in Allentown, Pennsylvania with his wife and three children, where he is the founder and director of al-Maqasid.
- ISBCG10- Introduction to Islamic Spirituality
- ISBGG10A- Essentials of Islamic Spirituality: Part 1 How to Use Your Time to Prepare for Your Afterlife - STEP 1
- ISBGG10B- Essentials of Islamic Spirituality: Part 2 How to Avoid Sins and Acquire Good Character - STEP 1
- ISKMG15A- Introduction to Sufism - Part 1: How to Nurture Your Soul - STEP 2
- ISKMG15B- Introduction to Sufism -- Part 2: Discharging Religious Obligations With Excellence
- ISKMG15C- Introduction to Sufism -- Part 3: Social Duties, Repentance, and Loving God
- ISMAG20A- Imam Ghazali's the Path of the Worshipful Servants (Minhaj al-Abideen)
- ISMHG21- The Marvels of the Heart