In the Name of Allah, the Benevolent, the Merciful
I pray this finds you in the best of health and spirits. Welcome to SeekersGuidance. We hope to assist you in the noblest of matters: the seeking of beneficial knowledge. This is a blessing for both teachers and seekers, as our Beloved Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Whomever Allah wishes well for, He grants deep understanding of religion.” [Bukhari and Muslim]
The sunna of our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) is to take the best and most effective means in all matters, in pursuit of the pleasure of Allah. As such, we would advise you to:
(1) Have a high intention in your studies. Intend to seek the pleasure of Allah and to draw closer to Him, by learning beneficial knowledge and the way of excellence of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him), to act on this knowledge in the best of ways, to bring the Prophetic way to life in your life, and to one day be able to transmit this knowledge–when the time is right, and when your teachers approve–to others.
(2) Keep renewing your intention weekly, and keeping your high goals in mind.
(3) Keep up with the lessons. If you fall behind, catch up. This knowledge is worth seeking.
(4) Listen attentively, keep away distractions, take notes, and don’t hesitate to ask questions about anything that is unclear.
(5) Complete the self-study questions at the end of each lesson.
(6) Try to review what you’ve covered periodically. If anything is unclear in the review, ask!
(7) Keep your focus on how you can live this knowledge, bring it into your life, and act upon it with excellence.
(8) Thank Allah for the blessing of seeking knowledge, for the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Whoever pursues a path seeking knowledge there, Allah facilitates for them through it a path to Paradise.” [Muslim]
We’re here to serve. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us, insha’Allah.
Educational Director, SeekersGuidance