The SeekersSteps Curriculum provides a clear path of Islamic learning–from essentials to mastery–as a means of seeking Allah Most High, reviving Prophetic guidance, and serving Allah’s creation.
The SeekersSteps curriculum:
1. Provides a clear path of Islamic learning by:
- Facilitating Islamic education for all students–by providing knowledge without barriers of cost or access.
- Giving a clear step-by-step continuum of learning–from essentials to mastery–with clear learning outcomes, expectations, and assistance.
2. Is a means of seeking Allah Most High, reviving Prophetic guidance, and serving Allah’s creation, by:
- Guiding the student to practically implement what they learn and transform their personal lives based on the Prophetic example, in seeking Allah.
- Nurturing Prophetic concern in the student, so that they can be catalysts for positive change–through service, calling to guidance, and spreading beneficial knowledge within their community and in this world.
- Developing seekers of knowledge to become qualified teachers and scholars, with equal opportunity to males and females–through study, mentorship, and practical training.
The Five Steps
SeekersStep One: Essentials
Essentials provides the core Islamic knowledge that is necessary for every Muslim, with clarity, understanding, and confidence.
SeekersStep Two: Foundations
Foundations introduces seekers to core classical texts across the main sciences of Islamic knowledge. Foundations gives seekers a clear overview of each science; its key issues, concepts, and principles; and a solid foundation on which to deepen and widen their Islamic learning.
SeekersStep Three: Understanding
Understanding deepens the seeker’s understanding of the Islamic sciences through the study of intermediate-level texts.
Understanding gives seekers a deeper understanding of principles, proofs, and applications; encourages seekers to understand and apply the key tools of learning through research, collaboration, and case studies; and gives key skills that enable seekers to apply what they learn and to serve others through this knowledge.
SeekersStep Four: Advanced
Advanced takes seekers towards deep, nuanced understanding, through study of comprehensive texts in the Islamic sciences.
Advanced study includes study of such comprehensive texts; nurturing and testing thorough, nuanced understanding; and further cultivating the tools of learning through research, writing, and addressing real contemporary issues–both practical and intellectual.
SeekersStep Five: Mastery
Mastery develops true scholarship in the seeker, through direct tutelage under recognized senior scholars who are themselves masters in their field.